My mom sometimes has some great ideas, but not enough time to write about them...
So I'm writing the post for her!
This time she created a cool little paper weight. It's great for holding down all those annoying papers that fly away in the wind. If you are interested in making a flowery paper weight, I included a tutorial.
What you need:
- A fist sized stone, preferably a beige or white hue (a simple stone picked up from a beach will do)
- Outdoor paint in black, white, and two greens (we used Folk Art Outdoor Acrylic Paint in Titanium White, Grass Green, and Licorice)
- A paint brush with a fine tip
- A work surface that you aren't afraid to get messy
What to do:
- Make a black star by painting one X over another X (include about 10 of these stars with about half inch spaces between each other to evenly cover one side of your stone)
- Now paint a little dash in between each of the star spokes in the lighter green
- Fill up empty spaces by painting more dashes in the darker green
- Lastly add white dots in between each black star and sprinkle them around all over the stone to your taste
- Now find some paper to weigh down.... but let the stone dry first