Dear Chicago House,
I have been making a few of these sweet little birds
and they decorate a garland I have wrapped around my banister… for now that is. I will be sharing very soon another very creative use for these pretty felt Christmas ornaments.
If you’d like to make some here is how
Tutorial for DIY Christmas Ornament
You will need
- Bird template-download here
- Small dark beads
- Needle, thread, pins, scissors
What you do
- Print and cut out bird tempate
- Pin template on felt and cutout bird shapes. I used 3 different colors of felt- red, white and green
- Sew about 5-8 (depending on size) sequins on bird to represent a wing.
- Add a small bead for the eye
- Place two bird shapes together and blanket stitch around stopping with an about inch to go.
- Stuff in a little padding and finish up with blanket stitch
- Top off with a simple thread for hanging.
Any guesses for how I am planning on using these birds?
Creative in Chicago