Dear Chicago House,
I love the transparent effects you can get when painting with watercolors.
This painting is like translucent pebbles on a light box and is today’s piece for arty farty Friday.
and is so easy to paint.
Here is what you need
- A good quality watercolor paper – I like Strathmore® 400 Series Watercolor Pads which is a nice heavy weight paper (104lbs)
- A medium sized round paintbrush
- A cup of water
- A palette of watercolor paints
What you do
- Select any color, I mixed up a blue/black as I wanted my effect to look like pebbles. If you mix a color make sure you mix quite a bit of it.
- With a moist brush pick up up some of your colour and paint the outline of a simple shape on your paper, then fill it in. I used random blobs.
- Paint more shapes on your paper but do not overlap any of the shapes you have already created.
- When a shape is dry it is safe to overlap- it really doesn’t take very long for the paint to dry…my painting was done in a single sitting and took about 20minutes.
Creative in Chicago