Dear Chicago House,
I always knew I was destined to be the shortest member of my household. I am 5’7″ and Chicago teenager “over took” me about 6 months ago. Her closet needs a good sort out as there are so many things that don’t fit.
So I had a little sort and ended up with a bundle.
But before donating to Goodwill, I thought I’d have a go at making something from old t shirts and this is what I came up with.
A braided memory wire bracelet
And you can make one too!
This is what you need
- Old t shirts
- Memory Wire
And this is what you do
- Cut 1″ wide long strips of fabric from your t shirts, mine were about 16″
- Stretch each strip so they start to roll into itself.
- Cut a length of string the same length as your stretched fabric strips.
- Knot two strips and the string together.
- Cut a length of memory wire (I used a loop and a half)
- Place your knotted bundle at the end of the wire and start braiding
- When braiding go under and over the memory wire to incorporate it.
- When you reach the end knot your braid and snip off the ends.
I made three in total. The pink and blue one was from a stripy shirt.
What have you made from old t shirts?
Creative in Chicago