Looking for a fun and easy Halloween craft project? How about these fun wooden blocks decorate to look like pumpkins and candy corn made by a friend of mine.
You will need.
- A few off-cuts of scrap wood. The size doesn’t really matter but just to give you an idea these measured 3.5″ by 1″ by 7.5″
- Acrylic paints in grey, white, orange and yellow.
- Paint brush
- For the the pumpkin a simple twig and a small scrap of fabric
- Start by sanding down your blocks to knock off any splintery bits.
- Make a wash of grey by mixing a squirt of gray paint with water. Paint each block liberally and allow to dry.
- For the pumpkin block paint with orange acrylic paint and once dry give it a light sand so the grey wash underneath shows through a little. Hot glue a twig to the top and tie a little ribbon of rustic fabric around it to complete the look.
- For the candy corn block paint stripes of white orange and yellow and once dry sand down lightly so the grey wash underneath shows through.
Creative in Chicago