Your basement is coming along in leaps and bounds. Here is a room I ear marked for a teenage hangout.
Pretty grotty right?
That photo was taken several months ago. And now for a big reveal, here is what the room looks like today.
The improvement speaks for itself don't you think.
Here is what I did.
- Painted all the disgusting paneling and trim a bright simple white using this technique
- Created custom window treatments for those weird little windows you find in basements.
- Painted a skyline mural to give the feel of a penthouse - I will be sharing exactly how to do that another day. ( the day has come, all is revealed here)
- Framed some simple scrap book papers with ikea frames
- Constructed a fabulous fabric memo board, "how to" will follow in a future blog post.( here at last!)
Creative in Chicago
p.s. You can "rate this space" over at HGTV . Go on give it 5 stars, you know you want to!