Dear Chicago House,
Your basement is coming along in leaps and bounds. Here is a room I ear marked for a teenage hangout.
Pretty grotty right?
That photo was taken several months ago. And now for a big reveal, here is what the room looks like today.
The improvement speaks for itself don’t you think.
Here is what I did.
- Painted all the disgusting paneling and trim a bright simple white using this technique
- Created custom window treatments for those weird little windows you find in basements.
- Painted a skyline mural to give the feel of a penthouse – I will be sharing exactly how to do that another day. ( the day has come, all is revealed here)
- Framed some simple scrap book papers with ikea frames
- Constructed a fabulous fabric memo board, “how to” will follow in a future blog post.( here at last!)
So what do you think “ye old brown basement” Are these improvements making you smile?
Creative in Chicago
p.s. You can “rate this space” over at HGTV . Go on give it 5 stars, you know you want to!
8 thoughts on “Basement Makeover”
Love it…you did great on the mural!! Thanks for your comment on my blog as well!
It's terrific! Bet the teens in your life are thrilled with it! (visiting from A2D)
Wow, that's quite a transformation! Check out my teen-room-makeover reveal at http://dynamicfamilyhome.com/2011/03/project-3-teen-room-makeover-the-reveal/
What a great transformation!!! I love the colors and it looks great!
awesome! what a transformation!
This looks AWESOME! LOVE the skyline mural!! It TOTALLY feels like a penthouse! I TOTALLY think our daughters would be friends 😉