Dear Chicago House,
Will it suprise you to know my creativity also extends to food? Do you like these yummy dog cookies that were made for a cookie exchange?
Here is how I made them.
- I started with a base of a simple sugar cookie
- Added a layer of chocolate frosting
- The ears are made of tootsie rolls, heated for a few seconds in the microwave and then rolled flat
- The nose is half a marshmallow covered in chocolate frosting and topped with a black jelly bean
- The tongue is a pink jelly bean
- The eyes are black jelly beans cut in half with a small dab of white frosting for the highlight.
They were a huge success at the cookie exchange!
Creative in Chicago