Dear Chicago House,
You have lovely bones and I plan to make you into a light an airy home. There are some things that you have held onto for too long that just have to go.
- All your brown trim.
- Brown, beige, taupe wall color.
- All of your louver doors.
- A spectacularly cheap looking ceramic tile in the entrance hall.
- A basement paneled 1970’s style that feels like a dungeon.
- Funky faux beams in the sunroom
- The shag pile carpet up the stairs and in all the bedrooms.
- Every single one of your window treatments. I don’t care that they cost the previous owner thousands of dollars. They are hideous.
- The two tiny closets in the master bedroom. I have a cunning plan to remedy this.
- Revolting light fixtures in the dining room, entrance hall and landing.
- Dated yucky door hardware
- I am sure there is a lot more I will find on my journey
Creative in Chicago