Dear Chicago House,
I am pretty bad at getting round to posting updates on some of your more eye popping makeovers. I look at the picture below and ask myself how we ever convinced ourselves you were are lovely house to buy. This is the bar area in your basement. Yuck yuck yuckity yuck! I mean there is nothing nice to say is there?
Are you ready for the after?
ahhh that is so much better, not perfect by any means but it’s no longer quite as disgusting.
Here is what I did
- Painted all the paneling ( read about that here)
- Primed and painted the cabinet doors white
- Replaced the hardware on the cabinets
- Primed and painted the formica work surface black.
- Got my husband to smash that weird shelf thing on the right hand side
- Framed some contemporary scrap book paper in a set of simple clip frames
Creative in Chicago
a beach cottage |Home stories A 2 Z | Thriftyhome | therosehome | Domestically Speaking | bluecricketdesign | organizeanddecorate | shabbycreekcottage | somewhatsimple | Not so simple Housewife |remodelholic | HandymanCrafywoman |