Dear Chicago House,
I thought it was about time I shared another decorating before and after with you. This time it is the dining room, I am very slow at getting things ship shape and with all of your rooms this is “in progress” but worthy of a share.
Lets start with the before and hey guess what color you were? That’s right, another brown/beige room complete with hideous curtains.
And by the wave of my internet wand here we have the room as it is today, and oh so fresh after years of brown. Behold the magic of paint!
- Dark brown trim
- A chair rail that was too low
- 1980’s window treatments
- Beige walls and yikes,wallpaper
- White painted trim
- A better placement of the chair rail
- Cream walls with a fresh pop of turquoise (Behr Maiden Voyage) for a contemporary feel
- Lots of natural light
- Simple gromet curtains(Henley Rand from Ikea)
- Some greenery – no silk plants for me
- Wall art …I have something in progress
- Removal of that funky chandelier
- Purchase of a new light
This is such a cheerful room to come into
Creative in Chicago